ISTE Certification for Educators is a new competency-based, vendor- and platform agnostic teacher certification based on the ISTE Standards for Educators. This digital credential recognizes educators who understand how to use edtech for learning in meaningful and transformative ways.
Focused on pedagogy. Based on the ISTE Standards.
ISTE is focused on pedagogy, not tools. It’s not about edtech per se, it’s about what you do with the tech to transform learning and improve student outcomes.
Are you ready to be an ISTE Certified Educator?
To be successful in this program we believe it is important to consider these questions.
- Are you an educator who is interested in professional growth and who sees the ISTE Standards as a roadmap for using technology to learn?
- Are you an educator who has experience and comfort using varied technology in the classroom?
- Are you an educator who is comfortable with and has experience successfully taking online professional learning (courses)?
Benefits of becoming an ISTE Certified Educator
- Opportunity to earn two graduate level credits.
- Become part of the ISTE Certified Educator community
- Join ISTE Certified Educator meet ups at the ISTE conference
- Identify yourself with the ISTE Certified Educator email signature and digital badges
Steps to becoming an ISTE Certified Educator:
Attend an in-person workshop (12 hours of face-to-face instruction)
- Goal-Setting and Goal Stretching
- Transforming Learning with Technology
- Visioneering: Reimagining Learning
- The Power of Crowdsourcing: Curating Tools & Virtual Networking
- Research and Educational Practice
- Instructional Design for Transformation
Complete online coursework (18 hours of eLearning on four topics)
- Designing for Diversity
- Personalized Learning and Alternative Assessments
- Digital learning environments: Design thinking and computational thinking
- The new digital citizenship: From fear and risk to opportunity and empowerment
Assemble and Submit ePortfolio
- Assemble eportfolio of artifacts that meet the criteria required by ISTE and submit for evaluation to the ISTE certification review panel. Aspiring ISTE Certified Educators will have six months to apply their learning and submit their eportfolios.
Note: The cohorts are conducted by Eduscape, an ISTE Certification Authorized Partner (CAP). Our professional development facilitators have been prepared and trained by ISTE to deliver this training on ISTE’s behalf. Review this sample syllabus.
Cancellation Policy: All registrations are final and non-refundable. Registration is, however, transferable. If you cannot participate in the session you have registered for you may either, find a colleague to attend in your place or transfer to another session. All transfers must be requested one week BEFORE your registered session begins. If Eduscape is not contacted three days prior to the registered session, and the attendee doesn’t show up, they will be charged full price.
Purchase Orders: A purchase order is a legally binding document between a supplier and a buyer. Once your purchase order is received the products or services requested fall under the Eduscape Refund and Substitution Policy. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date.